X-Pro with multiple accounts/providers..?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ivor Jones, Jun 2, 2006.

  1. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Hi All,

    Just installed X-Pro (the full version of X-Lite) and I'm having problems
    getting it to work properly with multiple SIP accounts. I have two UK
    Sipgate numbers, one German Sipgate number, a Gradwell number and a FWD
    one; all the account details go in ok but there seems to be no way to
    select a particular account for dialling out on, all calls are made from
    the account info in the first "line" position, no matter which one is
    selected on the screen.

    Also, all calls ring on line position 6, regardless of the number called.

    The help facilities within the program are non-existent, clicking the ?
    mark just opens a web page for a forum which you have to log into to post
    questions, so before I bother with all that I thought I'd ask here first.

    The only reason I'm using the softphone is for my laptop when I'm
    travelling, so it's not going to get extensive use, but it would be good
    if I could call out on any of the registered accounts not just the first
    one.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 2, 2006

  2. Ivor Jones

    Graham Guest

    Hi Ivor,
    Just prefix the number with #1 to dial out on proxy 1 etc.
    Alternatively, right-click on the 'LCD display' and left click on the proxy.

    The "line" keys do not correspond to proxies. Incoming calls populate the
    "line keys" in a top-down fashion
    and outgoing calls work bottom-up (unless you press one first).
    A lot of PABX's work like this.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Jun 2, 2006

  3. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    Thanks Graham,

    That seems to work ok. Strange, I would have thought the line keys would
    have corresponded to accounts, but there you go. It would be useful to be
    able to tell which line a call comes in on.

    Oh well, it isn't going to get heavy use, but sometimes plugging in an ATA
    isn't always possible..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 2, 2006
  4. Ivor Jones

    linker3000 Guest

    Hi Ivor,

    I have been playing with this 'Skype' Desk phone - the manufacturer has
    a driver for it that makes it play nice with the X-Ten software so you
    can have the 'look and feel' of a proper VoIP desk phone for about £19 -
    only neg points are no Message Waiting Indicator on the phone and the
    '*' and '#' keys don't work with asterisk feature codes but do work OK
    during calls:

    Phone:

    http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/101480/rb/19544911874
    (darn - just gone out of stock)

    Software:
    http://www.yealink.com/en/otherdown.asp

    L3K

    linker3000, Jun 2, 2006
  5. Ivor Jones

    Jono Guest

    It happens that linker3000 formulated :
    An unusual claim "with no monthly fees and no BT line required"

    Jono, Jun 3, 2006
  6. Ivor Jones

    Martin² Guest

    Anyone knows where to get X-Pro update ?
    Mine is an old version.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jun 9, 2006