    small change Guest

    where do I find this setting in thunderbird news?

    tia

    small change, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Install Mnenhy:

    http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 5, 2004

  3. small change

    .brian. Guest

    As Lee suggested, you can install Mnenhy. Or you can simply add the
    following line to your 'user.js' file:

    // Add No-Archive Header Option
    user_pref("mail.compose.other.header", "X-No-Archive");

    If there isn't a 'user.js', simply create the file in Notepad and save
    it as 'user.js to your profile, in the same area that prefs.js exists'.

    If you add the above line, then you will have the ability to select
    X-No-Archive from the 'To' field by clicking on the down arrow.

    Either way works.

    .brian., Oct 5, 2004
  4. small change

    Pun Krocker Guest

    Make a user script and add this :

    user_pref("mail.identity.id#.headers", "whatever");
    user_pref("mail.identity.id#.header.whatever", "X-No-Archive: yes");

    This will add it to all outgoing on the acount named.

    Source:
    http://ilias.ca/Xnoarchive.html

    --
    d[®_®]b PK

    interviewing people who can't talk
    for people who can't read."

    Pun Krocker, Oct 5, 2004
  5. small change

    Caploc Guest

    Or use this to automate it.

    // Headers to always add to outgoing mail
    user_pref("mail.identity.id?.headers", "header1");
    user_pref("mail.identity.id?.header.header1", "X-No-Archive: Yes");

    Follow this thread to conclusion, it answers a lot of queries.

    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=763806#763806

    If you have no luck ask again here.
    Cappy

    Caploc, Oct 5, 2004