    wondering why they call the (X-Men) movie, as you can see women in the team.
    And why they didn't call X-Team or X-..... (any guess)

    Waiting for your view

    Guest, Aug 8, 2006

  2. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    there is "men" in women, thus x-men

    Consultant, Aug 8, 2006

  3. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    Obviously it's because Xavier was a man. And if you pluralize it (there were
    lots of characters in the comic books and movies), you get "men." But you're
    focusing too much on the "Men" portion. Focus on the "X". Firstly, because
    it's a cool letter. But more importantly, because both men and women have an
    X chromosome. It's all inclusive.

    HTH. HAND.

    Briscobar, Aug 8, 2006
  4. Guest

    BD [MCNGP] Guest

    Did you see what OTHMAN () graced us
    with in ?<<
    Xavier's Men (X-Men) were just that....MEN

    Actually, it's because in the *original* (as in the comic book) story, 4 of the
    5 members were men....and well if you saw her, you'd think she was a man too.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men (Scroll down to History)

    BD [MCNGP], Aug 8, 2006
  5. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    Liar liar, plants for hire.

    Jtyc, Aug 8, 2006
  6. Guest

    kpg Guest

    As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    Because it's stupid to say 'He\She' or the now accepted 'They',
    just becuase a bunch of uptight feminazis hate men becuase they
    can't seem to come to terms with the fact that men a stronger
    and more aggressive and hence have made the rules that govern
    the world for umpteen thousands of years.

    kpg, Aug 8, 2006
  7. Guest

    JaR Guest

    I believe the coorect term should be "X-Persons"

    Thank you;

    The Gender Nazis

    JaR, Aug 8, 2006
  8. Guest

    kpg Guest

    As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    You are coorect sir!

    kpg, Aug 8, 2006
  9. Guest

    JaR Guest

    I am known as a model of coorectness.

    JaR, Aug 8, 2006
  10. you said men in them.

    --
    ..rev - mct.mcngp.44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Aug 8, 2006
  11. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    doodie

    Consultant, Aug 8, 2006
  12. Guest

    LRM Guest

    I'm not sure about the aggressive part. How 'bout I come by this weekend and
    explain that to you? I had to take Neil off St. Andrews cross and I'm
    thinking it just isn't the same around here what with all the cries of agony
    gone. While you're up there you can count to "umpteen thousand" for me. As
    far as rules are concerned...well we'll just get to that later.

    LRM, Aug 9, 2006
  13. Guest

    LoopBack Guest

    X-Persons! bwhahahaha. If I could fart toxic eye melting gas whilst
    pinging rock hard boogers from my nose, I'd want to be in the X-MEN!
    pththtththp! (pardon me)

    LoopBack, Aug 9, 2006
  14. Guest

    Cerebrus Guest

    Is that your stiff upper lip acting up ?

    Cerebrus, Aug 9, 2006
  15. Guest

    kpg Guest

    As LRM once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    I was speaking in generalities, there are always exceptions.

    Besides, I have a low pain threshold, so I'm afraid I'll have to
    pass.

    kp "...but in a large unruly group I'm a force to be reckoned with" g

    kpg, Aug 9, 2006
  16. Guest

    LoopBack Guest

    Stiff upper lip? That would be the british. I'm scottish and have a
    stiff something else. ;-)

    LoopBack, Aug 9, 2006
  17. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    I'm scottish and have a stiff something else. ;-)

    Is it Billyw's?

    Jtyc, Aug 9, 2006
  18. Guest

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Aug 9, 2006
  19. Guest

    Guest Guest

    mice in the house where are the ladies.

    I was wondering no one is supporting the ladies (women) or even they can't
    defent themself. when we are talking about men in wo'men'

    Guest, Aug 9, 2006
  20. Guest

    kpg Guest

    As OTHMAN once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    Well, that's one mark against men.

    kp "please don't help" g

    kpg, Aug 9, 2006