X-10 Befuddlement

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ok, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. ok

    ok Guest

    My x-10 system has me baffled and I'm looking for ideas. We recently moved
    and when I re-connected the x-10, it can't find the cp-290 controller. Port
    is set as #2, cable checks OK. I borrowed another person's system (cable &
    box) and the same thing happens, can't find the controller.

    I thought I had it pinned down to maybe the serial port on the motherboard
    went bad, then last night I hooked up an old 9 pin serial mouse. XP
    detected the new hardware, loaded the drivers and everything worked
    automatically.

    I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but that didn't do a
    thing.

    I have moved 3 times over the last 8 years and there has never been a
    problem re-connecting.

    Any ideas where to look next?

    Thanks,

    Living in the dark!

    ok, Oct 30, 2003

  2. ok

    Larry Dugan Guest

    Since you state that you have reloaded the software and have verified that the
    serial port works (mouse was detected), the next thing to do would be to check
    the controller.

    Larry Dugan, Oct 31, 2003

  3. ok

    OK Guest

    Did that already by trying another person's box and cable. Same result.

    OK, Oct 31, 2003
  4. ok

    Larry Dugan Guest

    Ok, but did you hook their box and cable to their system? What I was suggesting
    was hooking your controller into their system.

    --
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are
    neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make

    Larry Dugan, Nov 1, 2003
  5. ok

    OK Guest

    Old and newer systems. Mine is the old 9-pin serial to a din plug and the
    new ones are 9-pin to modular phone jack,

    OK, Nov 6, 2003