wzr-hp-g300nh router issue with cisco dcp3010 modem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by uberjames, Feb 25, 2012.

1. uberjames

uberjames

Problem: can't connect to the internet with the wzr-hp-g300nh when connected via cisco dcp3010 modem. The "link" led flashes green on the modem along with all of the other status led lights on the modem, indicating that the modem is registering and communicating with the router. However, I am unable to access the internet. The computer is set to auto dhcp as well as the router. The status lights on the router are green flashing on all of the ports that I have an ethernet cable plugged into. I have tried resetting the router to factory defaults which did not work. I have also tried upgrading to the latest firmware for my router (v24 sp2 [BETA] build 14896) which also did not resolve the issue. Resetting the modem did not work either. When I run the network troubleshooter it comes back with 2 different errors: "there is a problem with your DNS server" or "there is a broken connection between your modem, router, and computer...try restting your modem". Also when I connect the modem directly to the computer the network troubleshooter has to run in order to connect to the internet. The troubleshooter says "your LAN IP was fixed."

I can connect to the internet by using the modem only. So I'm leaning towards the router as the issue. I was using the router as a client bridge before and I had zero issues. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be? I heard that using static IP may work so I will have to research that when I get home from work. Thanks for any help.

uberjames, Feb 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question