WWW server in DMZ, SQL Server Inside...newbie help needed

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by BethInAK, Jan 18, 2008.

  1. BethInAK

    BethInAK Guest

    Very stupid programmer needs assistance in setting up ASA 5505 properly and
    safely.

    Our domain is run by a small business server running SQL server and exchange
    and active directory all on one box. Security wise this model rather sucks.

    Two questions:

    1) I have a seperate WWW server. I'd like to place AT LEAST that server in
    the DMZ but I'm not sure how to get it to the SQL Server on the inside
    interface (Code changes ok, most applications I wrote). Can I just use the
    IP address as the SQL Server name in the applications to find the server?

    I'd like to make this as secure as possible - but still allow the following:
    1) outlook web access
    2) outloook rpc over http
    3) terminal server access for remote users
    4) my database driven applications to access the SQL server on SMBIZSERVER

    I think thats it.

    Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer.

    BethInAK, Jan 18, 2008