    allowed to run? Nothing I do seems to delete them. . .they just find their
    way back in the system after deleting. I have run spybot, adaware, and
    avast on the system and they produce nothing bad on these guys.

    Martin R. Howell, Jan 29, 2005

  2. Martin R. Howell

    Ionizer Guest

    http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/wuauclt.exe.php

    Google wasn't nearly as helpful when it came to searching "wmsct.exe"
    however. These folks in a German forum seemed to come to some sort of
    conclusion about it but I'm not sure what that was:
    http://www.mymtw.de/community/forum/showpostings.aspx?topic_id=183682

    Ionizer, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Martin R. Howell

    Unk Guest

    Spyware resources: Install and run all the below...

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/

    Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
    http://security.kolla.de/
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    NOTE: After you install the above, click "Online" and get the latest
    updates for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (Removes browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch)
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    Unk, Jan 29, 2005
  4. Martin R. Howell

    Murgi Guest

    Murgi, Jan 29, 2005
  5. For a small fee, you can subscribe to the Winpatrol information database.
    Free you can search Google for these files. That will give you enough
    information to determine if this is something you need to remove. Then get
    back here for someone geekier than I to advise you on methods of removal.

    Swill

    Governor Swill, Jan 29, 2005
  6. He's recommending reinstall of Spybot and Adaware. Sometimes they can be
    tampered with by files loaded onto your machine. In this case, you should
    uninstall, reinstall the latest version, update and then run each one.

    Swill

    =---

    Governor Swill, Jan 29, 2005