    THESE PEOPLE??? Its making me furious! If i were a hacker i would
    totally take down *get-search.cc*!

    ugh. rant over... any imput appreciated!

    zingbar, Apr 5, 2004

  2. zingbar

    Unk Guest

    Download and run all the below.

    Ad-Aware by Lavasoft
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spybot - Search & Destroy by Patrick Kolla
    http://security.kolla.de/
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    NOTE: After you install the above, click "Online" and get the latest
    updates for the database. Update it regularly for new spy info.

    Spyware Blaster

    Also see http://www.cexx.org/vx2.htm

    CWShredder (Removes browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch)

    Unk, Apr 5, 2004

  3. zingbar

    Earl Guest

    It's the new wave of spam, spyware. As if regular spam and popup's weren't
    bad enough they now slip in spyware to change settings, force you to see
    their sites, etc. A while back I had one that replaced my homepage for a
    shitty search engine and it wouldn't let me rename it back to yahoo. For me
    this was the straw that broke the camel's back. I downloaded a program
    called spybot and it cleared up over 300 unwanted thing on my computer that
    I never knew were there. Since then I haven't had any problems.

    Earl, Apr 5, 2004
  4. zingbar

    reid decker Guest

    I have removed several problems by doing System Restore .Go to the help
    menu and set your computer back a month or so using the left arrow above the
    calendar to set a restore point.

    reid decker, Apr 6, 2004