WTF: Amazon Patents shooting against a white seamless.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Usenet Account, May 9, 2014.

  1. Usenet Account, May 9, 2014

  2. Usenet Account

    Martin Brown Guest

    Nothing USPTO does these days ever surprises me.

    They will grant a patent for anything no matter how trivial or obvious
    the prior art provided that the applicants dollars are green and in
    sufficient quantity. It is too much of a faff to strike it down, but not
    using an 85mm lens or pure white background would seem to be a wise
    precaution. Are you sure it isn't an April Fools joke?

    I didn't think even USPTO were *QUITE* that dumb!

    Martin Brown, May 10, 2014

  3. Usenet Account

    J. Clarke Guest

    We really need to fix the patent system. One approach would be to make
    USPTO personnel personally liable for court costs and legal fees any
    time a patent is struck down by the courts. One examiner finding
    himself in debt for the rest of his life to pay off Sony's legal fees
    for defending the use of that setup as "prior art" would make the rest
    of them think twice before signing off on most of this crap.

    J. Clarke, May 10, 2014
  4. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    5%

    Guest, May 10, 2014
  5. Usenet Account

    Guest Guest

    i'm not talking about the patent.

    lens tolerances are 5%, which means that an 85mm lens can be anywhere
    from 80.75-89.25mm.

    Guest, May 10, 2014