WSS 2.0 sp2, 404 error on x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Marshall, Feb 17, 2006.

  1. Marshall

    Marshall Guest

    I posted this message on microsoft.public.sharepoint.windowsservices and
    they suggested posting my message here...

    Hello,

    I am trying to get WSS 2.0 sp2 to work on my x64 (64 bit Windows too)
    computer. I tried setting
    up WSS in standard mode and server farm and neither work. When I right
    click on 'SharePoint Central Administration', within IIS, and click browse,
    I get the
    error. The only other piece of software I have running is SQL Server 2005
    (64 bit version).

    I saw in a SharePoint Portal Server KB to change the install directory for
    "...\program files (x86)\..." to "...\program files x86\...". I am not sure
    it that should also be the case for WSS. Although with WSS, I am never
    prompted for an install location. I did try running the install from the
    command line and specifying the install location but that parameter was
    ignored.

    This is what I have done:
    --- I made sure IIS was set to run as a 32 bit app using the following
    statement: cscript c:\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set
    w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1

    --- Under the 'Web Service Extensions' in IIS, the only allowed extensions
    are ASP.NET 1.1 (32 bit) and Windows SharePoint Services.

    --- I have tried changing the identity of the application pools.

    --- I have tried adding 'Everyone' to the local Administratator's group.

    --- I have checked the event logs and I didn't see any errors that seemed
    to apply.

    I would greatly appreciate your help.

    Thank you,

    Marshall

    Marshall, Feb 17, 2006

  2. I am experiencing the identical problem. I have looked everywhere on
    the internet and Microsoft's sites but cannot find a solution.

    Dennis Edwards, Mar 6, 2006

  3. David Wang [Msft], Mar 7, 2006