    that I actually have the Enterprise Edition installed, not some crazy
    hybrid? I will need to do clustering with this server, and I'm getting a bit
    worried.

    Simon Watkins, Jun 20, 2007

  2. Simon Watkins

    Guest Guest

    Is it version R2?

    -Mark

    Guest, Jun 21, 2007

  3. Yes it is R2.
    However, I've found out what the problem was, so for anyone else with this
    symptom:

    The 64 bit operating system was installed over the top of the server's
    previous operating system (windows advanced server 32 bit), while the disk
    had been re-partitioned, we thought that there was no need to reformat.
    Reformatting and re-installing fixed things. It was noticed that when the
    recovery console was used that attempts were made to access files from the
    previous op-sys, and they had not been removed. I don't know why this is so,
    nor why it displayed standard edition 32 bit, given that the previous virgin
    installation had actually been enterprise edition, just 32 bit version.

    Simon Watkins, Jun 21, 2007