    write on the lable side surface (no lable) over the tracks?

    2-What is the prefered marker to use? Sharpie, or what do you prefer?
    TIA - AL

    ALMINS1, May 22, 2005

  2. ALMINS1

    Biz Guest

    They actually sell permanent type markers that are specifically for writing
    on CD/DVD media. They are available at just about any office supply store

    Biz, May 22, 2005

  3. ALMINS1

    Rich Clark Guest

    They do that because people will buy anything.

    I've been using regular Sharpies for years to label thousands of discs, with
    n'er a problem.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, May 22, 2005
  4. ALMINS1

    Bill Turner Guest

    Label side is fine, Sharpies are fine.

    DVDs, unlike CDs, are especially non-critical because the reflective
    layer is in the center of the disk instead of on the outside. Even so, I
    have marked lots of CDs with a Sharpie and never a problem.

    Bill Turner, May 22, 2005
  5. I really like the Sharpie Ultra Fine Point.

    And since the disk surface is a good plastic, if you screw up
    writing you can remove the marker with a cloth/towel slightly
    dampened with alcohol.

    Bill

    Bill Vermillion, May 22, 2005
  6. ALMINS1

    dvdguy2 Guest

    sharpies are what I use also.

    dvd recorders suck.

    dvdguy2, May 31, 2005
  7. ALMINS1

    dvdguy2 Guest

    all the sharpies I have seen all say they're permanent markers.

    including the ultra fine tipped ones.

    How do you remove permanent marker writing from dvd discs with just a
    cloth/towel and alcohol.

    common sense tells me that permanent means permanent.

    dvdguy2, May 31, 2005
  8. ALMINS1

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Nup.

    BTW, the alcohol to use is NOT Jack Daniels, beside being a damn waste
    of booze, it attracts ants.

    Oldus Fartus, May 31, 2005
  9. ALMINS1

    GMAN Guest

    Yup, sharpies come off with rubbing alchohol. I would think that you would
    have known that, after all you do an awfull lot of rubbing.

    GMAN, Jun 5, 2005