  1. Bill W

    Bill W Guest

    I have been told that XP does not support WPA2. I just purchased a new wireless router and would like to set it to WPA2 on my XP SP3 computer. Is it true that XP will not support it? Thank you for your help.

    Bill W, May 17, 2010

  2. Bill W

    James Egan Guest

    It does.

    Jim

    James Egan, May 17, 2010

  3. Bill W

    John Guest

    That's false. XP SP3 supports WPA2. Just be sure your wireless network
    adapter and the driver also support WPA2.

    John, May 17, 2010
  4. Hi
    SP2 support WPA2 with this patch - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357
    SP3 supports it as is.
    However make sure that your Wireless card supports it as well, many old
    cards do not support WPA2.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], May 18, 2010
  5. Bill W

    ericore

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Getting WPA2 To Work

    Incomplete answers from others.

    1. Yes, you do have to make sure you have latest wireless adapter driver and that it supports WPA2 (you check this via preferred networks, select one, properties)

    2. However, XP's Wireless Lan Manager is absolute garbage for WPA2, so when installing your latest driver opt to install with software (You use their lan manager, Not XP's).

    This has worked on many XP SP3 machines that had difficulty.

    Supreme Master of XP

    ericore, Aug 14, 2012