WPA2 Cable Guy Article!

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Carl DaVault [MSFT], Apr 30, 2005.

  1. Carl DaVault [MSFT], Apr 30, 2005

  2. Julio Locatelli, May 2, 2005

  3. It took a while for the web to update, but it's definitely live now.

    WPA2 is now possible with our native client (assuming you are using a card
    and access point that support WPA2).

    --
    Standard Disclaimers -
    and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

    Carl DaVault [MSFT], May 2, 2005
  4. Interesting when appropriated support files will be included in DDK ?
    Arkady

    Arkady Frenkel, Jun 27, 2005
  5. The revised OID's have been part of the DDK for some time now. The
    following link will get you there. Essentially there are two new OID's and
    some additional implementation guidence for a few of the older ones. The
    following link will take you directly to the wireless OID's.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._4b52ef25-57ad-413a-bd5b-2fbb5cf9aee2.xml.asp

    DDK updates for the Provisioning Service are located here:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._4b52ef25-57ad-413a-bd5b-2fbb5cf9aee2.xml.asp

    Is there a specific element you are looking for?

    --
    Jerry Peterson
    Windows Network Services - Wireless

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Jun 27, 2005
  6. Exactly those , but them yet not appear in last DDK ( 3790 )
    That was my question when updated H files will appear in DDK ?
    TIA
    Arkady

    Arkady Frenkel, Jun 28, 2005
  7. Which header files are you looking for?

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Jul 6, 2005
  8. Carl DaVault [MSFT]

    Eric Angell Guest

    I need at least an updated ntddndis.h to define stuff like
    Ndis802_11AuthModeWPA2. Any idea where to find such updates? Google
    is failing to turn up anything other than this thread but the last
    message was on 6 July.

    Eric Angell, Jul 27, 2005
  9. The notification path for WPA2 authentication modes is via
    OID_802_11_CAPABILITY/NDIS_802_11_CAPABILITY. If you do not implement
    support to this OID, WPA2 authentication modes will not be available to the
    Windows client. Reposting one and adding a few other related links to save
    on search time.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._4b52ef25-57ad-413a-bd5b-2fbb5cf9aee2.xml.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._f511433f-6ff8-4a81-a901-ca0faa8f1878.xml.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._81224ce1-f66c-4ff4-adac-529ed2ab1511.xml.asp

    If you have the latest SDK the updated header files are in %sdkroot%/inc/.

    Jerry Peterson[MSFT], Aug 1, 2005
  10. Carl DaVault [MSFT]

    Eric Angell Guest

    Thanks for the links but I've already seen all of those. I've
    implemented support for OID_802_11_CAPABILITY, but I can't compile the
    code because my WINDDK (3790.1830) doesn't have the appropriate WPA2
    definitions. I'm planning to work around that by manually defining
    structs like NDIS_802_11_CAPABILITY and
    NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_ENCRYPTION, and adding
    Ndis802_11AuthModeWPA2 and Ndis802_11AuthModeWPA2PSK to the enum
    NDIS_802_11_AUTHENTICATION_MODE. However, this makes me nervous as I
    won't know for sure that I've touched everything that needs changing.
    I'd rather be fighting bugs in my code than bugs in the interface.

    When you say the latest SDK are you referring to DDK 3790.1830 or
    something else?

    Thanks for your help!

    Eric Angell, Aug 2, 2005