    It seems that if WPA-PSK encyription key is not allowed if more than 8
    characters it will not accept the key.
    Is there a fix for this

    Guest, Nov 2, 2007

  2. What OS (XP, Vista, ??) and what wireless hardware are you using?

    Are you using the manufactures wireless configuration utility or WZC in
    Windows?

    I use a 63-character random ASCII key and WPA-PSK (AES) with my XP and Vista
    machines with a mix of hardware from Belkin (router and wireless card),
    D-Link (wireless card) and hField (USB wireless device). In the past I used
    WPA-PSK (TKIP) and a similar long random key.

    http://www.kurtm.net/wpa-pskgen/

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

    Sooner Al [MVP], Nov 2, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Al,

    Thanks for the reply;
    using Vista and have a lenova t61 laptop and am working for a company and so
    am using the default wireless router ('think its an IBM adaptor')

    Cheers

    Guest, Nov 2, 2007
  4. Are you using the manufactures wireless configuration utility or WZC in
    Windows?

    Are the drivers for the laptop wireless hardware the latest?

    Are you using the correct key? and have you checked with your company
    network administrators for help?

    Sooner Al [MVP], Nov 2, 2007
  5. Guest

    Jordan Guest

    Probably a MFG utility and it wants a passphrase that it will encrypt.

    Jordan, Nov 2, 2007