WPA-PSK AND D-LINK DWL-2100AP / DWL-G650

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Kev, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. Kev

    Kev Guest

    Anyone any thoughts on the following:

    D-Link DWL-2100AP client DWL-G650 boith support WPA-PSK encryption,
    capable of burst 108Mb transfer speeds.

    The 2100AP is a segement of a wired network supporting a few
    notebooks.

    Using WEP encrpytion the link runs at 54Mb and is extabslished fine on
    channel 10 with MAC control enabled and SSID broadcasting disabled.

    However, as soon as I employ WPA-PSK on the 2100AP and G650 clients
    the link speed drops to 2Mb with a signal strenght of 100%

    Why does the link speed drop down to 2Mb although the XP status for
    the interface reports it running at 108Mb.

    More importantly the TCP/IP settings from the network DHCP server are
    lost and ipconfig /renew reports that the DHCP server time outs?

    Strange behaviour, as soon as I revert to WEP 64-bit Shared key the
    TCP/IP settings are picked up and all is fine again?

    Any thoughts would be welcome, because I need to employ WPA-PSK.

    Thanks.

    Kev, Aug 13, 2004