    support (now in India) - good luck!

    Regards,
    -- pa

    Pavel A., Jan 12, 2010

  2. Dan

    John Guest

    For the past 4.5 years I've been using Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG on my Dell
    Inspiron 700m notebook to connect to Linksys WRT54G configured with WPA2
    encryption. It's flawless.

    John, Jan 12, 2010

  3. Dan

    nicobas Guest

    John, tks a million for your prompt response. Please excuse a couple more
    questions:
    1. Could you confirm that your driver version is 9.0.4.17?
    2. When you go to "Change the order of preferred networks", select any
    network under preferred networks and click on Properties, is WPA2 (and
    WPA2-PSK) listed in the Network Authentication listbox? Because it is NOT in
    my list and I would love to know how to add it!!
    Cheers and tks again!

    nicobas, Jan 16, 2010
  4. Dan

    nicobas Guest

    Hi PA, tks for your prompt reply!
    When you say "Upgrade to anything better (Atheros, Broadcom...)" are you
    referring to upgrading software or the actual hardware in my laptop?
    Cheers, and tks again!

    nicobas, Jan 16, 2010
  5. Dan

    Pavel A. Guest

    Actual hardware (the mini PCI card)
    --pa

    Pavel A., Jan 16, 2010
  6. Dan

    nicobas Guest

    Thanks a lot, I shall certainly look into it!

    nicobas, Jan 17, 2010
  7. Dan

    John Guest

    I'm using the latest driver from Dell support site (version 11.1.0.0,
    released in 2007). As I said before I have been using WPA2 security for 4+
    years without any problem. Back then I must be using older driver version
    but I can't remember what it was. It could very well be version 9.x
    I don't have my notebook with me at the moment and I don't see version
    9.0.4.17 at Dell support site. Try using the driver from support.dell.com.

    John, Jan 20, 2010
  8. Dan

    John Guest

    I'm currently using version 11. I used version 9 in 2005 with WPA2 (AES)
    enabled.
    You're talking about WZC. I'm using Intel wireless software to manage my
    wireless connection. My WZC Network Authentication options: Open, Shared,
    WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK. Data encryption is either TKIP or AES.
    Download driver version 11 from support.dell.com

    John, Jan 21, 2010
  9. Dan

    nicobas Guest

    Thanks John for the info, it was most useful. My computer is not a Dell but
    an Asus, so after dowlnloading the driver you mentioned but reading what
    computers it was for, I decided to visit the Asus website and I found a newer
    version not of the driver but of the software and now all works perfectly.
    Your input was invaluable, tks again!

    nicobas, Feb 6, 2010