  1. hi friends, can I use WPA in a Ad Hoc network? how can I configure it?

    do you know a "best practice" site where can I find it?

    thanks

    Hernan Batista, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Hernan Batista

    Niklas Guest

    Yes, it's called WPA-None in the windows wireless zero config.
    Though IMHO you shouldn't use it and think you are more secure than WEP.
    When using WEP the key you type in is used to encrypt/decrypt the data and
    that is also the case with WPA-None.
    (compared to WPA-PSK /WPA-Enterprise where you (the network adapter) will
    get the key that is used to encrypt/decrypt from the access point, the PSK
    is only used to prove to the AP that you know the password that the AP is
    set to use, and vice versa)

    /Niklas

    Niklas, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Hernan Batista

    Niklas Guest

    It however seems as if Microsoft have removed WPA-None when they added
    support for WPA2.

    Niklas, Sep 5, 2005