    WPA encryption code, what is this and where would I find it?,I've got a 3com
    router, I've looked on there website and found nothing about htis, any help
    would be greatly appreciated!

    Confuseduser, Mar 23, 2007

  2. Confuseduser

    Lem Guest

    Wireless networks -- which communicate by radio waves -- are vulnerable
    to interception by anyone with a compatible receiver/transmitter. To
    deal with this issue, Wireless networks encrypt the transmissions so
    that unauthorized people can't eavesdrop on your network or, worse,
    directly manipulate files on your computer.

    WPA is one standard of such encryption (not the latest and greatest,
    which is WPA2, but pretty good).

    When you set up a wireless network, one of the things you do (or at
    least *should* do) is enable encryption in your router and create an
    encryption key. You then have to set up each of the computers that
    connect to your network to know the key you created.

    The wireless radio you looked at apparently has this capability as well.
    That's a good thing.

    See your router's User Guide for more information about how to set up
    encryption on your network.

    Lem, Mar 23, 2007

  3. Hi

    Adding a little more to the good advice that you already got from Lem.

    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security strength is.

    No Security

    MAC

    WEP

    WPA-PSK

    WPA-AES

    WPA2

    The documentation the Internet Radio would state what type of Security is
    available for configuration.

    If it just state WPA log to the Router and configure WPA-PSK.

    phrase.

    After you set the Router, you have the set in the same manner the Internet
    Radio, and any Wireless Computer (using the same WPA passphrase).

    Security must be set according what ever is the best possible of one of the
    Wireless devices. I.e. even if most of your system can be configured to the
    with WPA2, but one device is only capable to be configured to a max. of
    WEP, to whole system must be configured to WEP. If you need more good
    security and one device (like a Wireless card that can do WEP only) is
    holding better security for the whole Network, replace the device with a
    better one. Wireless Security - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Mar 24, 2007