    Any ideas much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Dan

    largeinnit, Oct 12, 2006

  2. largeinnit

    JimmyD

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi largeinnit,

    Per the Cisco website, this card should support WPA:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/products_data_sheet09186a0080088828.html

    Security
    Cisco Wireless Security Suite supporting Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) including:
    Authentication:
    • 802.1X support including LEAP, EAP-FAST, PEAP-GTC, PEAP-MSCHAP V2, EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS and EAP-SIM to yield mutual authentication and dynamic, per-user, per-session encryption keys

    • MAC address and by standard 802.11 authentication mechanisms

    Encryption:
    • Support for static and dynamic IEEE 802.11 WEP keys of 40 bits and 128 bits

    • TKIP enhancements: key hashing (per-packet keying), message integrity check (MIC) and broadcast key rotation via WPA TKIP and Cisco TKIP

    Is your XP up to date with SP2 and all security patches? MS released the Wireless Rollup Pack years ago (since included in XP SP2).

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826942

    This fixed a lot of wireless issues, including support for WPA.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815485

    If you have SP2, check for the latest drivers from Cisco.

    Hope this helps,

    Jimmy

    JimmyD, Oct 16, 2006