    But the email looks very spiffy, containg MS graphics, links, (C),etc.

    Expect a new round of suckers <insert your name here> getting hit with it.

    Came from an Xtra user too.

    KS, Oct 4, 2003

  2. KS

    Enkidu Guest

    Ermm, where have you been for the last few weeks, KS?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.

    Enkidu, Oct 4, 2003

  3. KS

    KS Guest

    Ermm, where have you been for the last few weeks, KS?

    Ha ha. Yes a little more research has led me to see this has been out for a
    while.

    But this is the very first one I've received. And this PC has been online...
    forever.

    KS, Oct 4, 2003
  4. KS

    T.N.O. Guest

    new is not really the right description... it's been around for a week or
    so.

    T.N.O., Oct 4, 2003
  5. Your address is probably not in any infected PC address books

    Olson Johnson, Oct 5, 2003
  6. KS

    Gib Bogle Guest

    What does being online have to do with it? This is an email virus, as
    your header says.

    Gib

    Gib Bogle, Oct 5, 2003
  7. KS

    KS Guest

    What does being online have to do with it? This is an email virus, as
    Well I have had email pgm running while it's been on line. As seeing I leave
    it switched on and online most of the time, I'm also running email most of
    the time.

    It was an odd email, in that despite the virus being out for a week, this
    was my first copy.

    KS, Oct 5, 2003
  8. "Nobody likes you" :)

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 5, 2003
  9. KS

    KS Guest

    Your address is probably not in any infected PC address books
    Ha ha. Or another way to look at it - my friends aren't noobs getting stung
    by every silly email virus that pops along.

    KS, Oct 5, 2003
  10. KS

    Nina Guest

    I was one of the millions hit by worms. After much help here and there I found
    that using the killfile, NAV updates, & clnswen will all clear the inbox. Today
    I scored 5 new messages and 78 deleted. I think that NAV, kept up-to-date, is
    sufficient now. Warning: you need patience and time to edit your killfile.
    Whilst I was doing that arduous job I discovered my own name in the kill file.
    No wonder email wasn't getting through to me.

    nof

    Nina, Oct 9, 2003
  11. Warning: you need patience and time to edit your killfile.
    Your own name is supposed to be in the killfile - and it has nothing to do
    with mail not getting through to you (as it's the "From" not the "To" field
    that is examined - they are all "To" you ;-). Since it seems unlikely that
    you are sending yourself emails it's a fair bet that some spammer is
    spoofing your email address.

    Best Regards

    Markus

    Markus Winter, Oct 9, 2003