    The show NCIS, they use nikon d100's. I have been wondering what they
    shot, and knew they had digital nikons, but it had been bugging me what
    they actually used.

    ace, Mar 15, 2006

  2. ace

    Mark² Guest

    Why is that cool?

    Mark², Mar 15, 2006

  3. ace

    tomm42 Guest

    There is a whole field of forensic photography. Doesn't pay all that
    well and is hard to get into, so it must be an interesting job.

    Tom

    tomm42, Mar 15, 2006
  4. ace

    Jer Guest

    Why does that bug you? It's not like anyone on the production set
    actually knows anything about photography. They're actors acting in a
    play following a script, using stage props to complete a scene. Did you
    think those cameras are actually being used to capture an image of
    something? Nikon gave those props to the program producers along with a
    sizable chunk of change along with a season-long contract to facilitate
    their marketing campaign called "product placement". It would be an
    extremely rare event to view any logo in any program that wasn't placed
    there on purpose by someone with an commercial agenda. Read the rolling
    credits at the end, you'll learn who provided anything with a logo on
    it. Maybe next season, some other brand camera will be used as a stage
    prop for product placement.

    Jer, Mar 16, 2006
  5. ace

    Annika1980 Guest

    The show NCIS, they use nikon d100's. I have been wondering what they
    Who cares what camera they use? I wanna know what Photoshop plugin
    they use to take a wide-angle shot of the building across the river and
    then blow it up to where they can read the address off an envelope
    laying on the dresser of a room on the 4th floor of that building. At
    first, the blown up shot is just a pixelated mess as you might expect.
    But then they run that CSI action, and BANG! Everything is now crystal
    clear.

    Annika1980, Mar 16, 2006
  6. : Who cares what camera they use? I wanna know what Photoshop plugin
    : they use to take a wide-angle shot of the building across the river and
    : then blow it up to where they can read the address off an envelope
    : laying on the dresser of a room on the 4th floor of that building. At
    : first, the blown up shot is just a pixelated mess as you might expect.
    : But then they run that CSI action, and BANG! Everything is now crystal
    : clear.

    You too can make this work. Just run the process backwards. Take a clear
    image, pixelate the heck out of it, and then reduce resolution until the
    pixelation disappears. Simple. :)

    Randy

    Randy Berbaum
    Champaign, IL

    Randy Berbaum, Mar 16, 2006
  7. Well, yes, that's how they produces the effect on the show, but Bret and
    I want the equipment that can not only turn incredible angles, but is
    the equivalent of about a terrabyte of pixels.....

    I also want a computer that announces "Download of important spy papers
    Complete".

    John McWilliams, Mar 16, 2006