    I just checked the update site this morning and it has a critical update for
    my Win98SE.
    It wasnt' there yesterday morning.

    Buffalo, Jul 3, 2004

  2. Buffalo

    Ionizer Guest

    Ionizer, Jul 3, 2004

  3. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    Buffalo, Jul 3, 2004
  4. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    I guess it came out yesterday and some people are having problems after
    updating.
    Here is a link to remove it if causes problems on your machine.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870669

    Buffalo, Jul 3, 2004
  7. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    Forgot to mention:
    I believe that all you have to do to uninstall the update is to remove the
    Registry entry mentioned in the above article.
    Remember, always make sure you have a good backup or the Registry before
    changing anything in it.

    Buffalo, Jul 3, 2004
  8. Buffalo

    Don C Guest

    Yes, but are some people having problems after updating, and
    is there a link to remove it if it causes problems on my machine?
    WHAAAT?

    Don C, Jul 3, 2004
  9. Buffalo

    Brian Guest

    LOL a critical update causing CRITICAL problems.. way to go MS!! buisness as
    usual!

    Brian, Jul 3, 2004
  10. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    Several things:
    1)Read through the link I posted, esp the lower part.
    2)Go to the Registry Entry listed before you do the update and see if its
    there or its just the value that changed.(Export that key if you wish to
    make it easier to restore, if needed)
    3)If you have a problem, I believe all you have to do is delete that portion
    of the Registry entry that changed or was added, or import the key you
    exported.
    4)It sounds like just a Registry change. 'Should' be simple to rectify.

    Buffalo, Jul 3, 2004
  11. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    I just noticed that it is listed in Add-Remove as :
    Microsoft Data Access Components KGB870669
    That 'should' make it 'easy' to remove.

    Buffalo, Jul 3, 2004