    Stars endorsing cameras probably influence two kinds of people, young
    celebrity worshipers and uneducated soccer moms. In other words...the
    camera company's latest target audiences! Now I get it!!

    Rich, Jun 7, 2010

  2. Rich

    tony cooper Guest

    I don't think that's the point of using a celebrity in the
    advertisement. They don't think you'll buy a camera because Taylor
    Swift or Ashton Kutcher uses that camera. However, they think you'll
    watch the commercial because Swift or Kutcher is in it.

    tony cooper, Jun 7, 2010

  3. Rich

    ASCII Guest

    If Taylor Swift had a Canon logo tattooed inside her labia,
    and flashed it to me, I'd be very tempted to go with that brand.

    ASCII, Jun 7, 2010
  4. Rich

    Twibil Guest

    Um, no, you don't get it.

    Using well-known names to sell your product is a technique as old as
    advertising, and was used for literally hundreds of years before the
    concept of a "target audience" ever came about. The reason that it's
    an old technique is that it *works*, irrespective of "target
    audiences", and it always has.

    Be a noble

    Not a knave

    Caesar uses

    Burma Shave.

    Twibil, Jun 7, 2010
  5. Rich

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    How is this any different than celebrity endorsements for any other
    product, such as sneakers, diet products, vacation spots, political
    candidates, etc.?

    Shawn Hirn, Jun 8, 2010
  6. Rich

    Twibil Guest

    Navigating anything, anywhere, is more difficult after your loving
    wife has concussed you with a 9-iron.

    Twibil, Jun 9, 2010