    Stars endorsing cameras probably influence two kinds of people, young
    celebrity worshipers and uneducated soccer moms. In other words...the
    camera company's latest target audiences! Now I get it!!

    Rich, Jun 7, 2010

  2. Rich

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 20:16:48 -0700 (PDT), Rich <>
    wrote:

    >Stars endorsing cameras probably influence two kinds of people, young
    >celebrity worshipers and uneducated soccer moms. In other words...the
    >camera company's latest target audiences! Now I get it!!

    I don't think that's the point of using a celebrity in the
    advertisement. They don't think you'll buy a camera because Taylor
    Swift or Ashton Kutcher uses that camera. However, they think you'll
    watch the commercial because Swift or Kutcher is in it.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jun 7, 2010

  3. Rich

    ASCII Guest

    Rich wrote:
    >Stars endorsing cameras probably influence two kinds of people, young
    >celebrity worshipers and uneducated soccer moms. In other words...the
    >camera company's latest target audiences! Now I get it!!

    If Taylor Swift had a Canon logo tattooed inside her labia,
    and flashed it to me, I'd be very tempted to go with that brand.

    ASCII, Jun 7, 2010
  4. Rich

    Twibil Guest

    On Jun 6, 8:16 pm, Rich <> wrote:

    > Stars endorsing cameras probably influence two kinds of people, young
    > celebrity worshipers and uneducated soccer moms.  In other words...the
    > camera company's latest target audiences!  Now I get it!!

    Um, no, you don't get it.

    Using well-known names to sell your product is a technique as old as
    advertising, and was used for literally hundreds of years before the
    concept of a "target audience" ever came about. The reason that it's
    an old technique is that it *works*, irrespective of "target
    audiences", and it always has.

    Be a noble

    Not a knave

    Caesar uses

    Burma Shave.

    Twibil, Jun 7, 2010
  5. Rich

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Rich <> wrote:

    > Stars endorsing cameras probably influence two kinds of people, young
    > celebrity worshipers and uneducated soccer moms. In other words...the
    > camera company's latest target audiences! Now I get it!!

    How is this any different than celebrity endorsements for any other
    product, such as sneakers, diet products, vacation spots, political
    candidates, etc.?

    Shawn Hirn, Jun 8, 2010
  6. Rich

    Twibil Guest

    On Jun 8, 11:43 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    > >> How is this any different than celebrity endorsements for any other
    > >> product, such as sneakers, diet products, vacation spots, political
    > >> candidates, etc.?

    > > It isn't.  Like Tiger Woods endorsing Buick.  As if he'd ever be caught in
    > > some cheap car.

    > ...but he sure got caught in an Escalade! An almost cheap car.
    > Another GM product he couldn't navigate down the driveway.

    Navigating anything, anywhere, is more difficult after your loving
    wife has concussed you with a 9-iron.

    Twibil, Jun 9, 2010