    of (hijacker), i am new to comps....APPRECIATE any help dished out, THANK
    YOU ALL, Fred ..Morph
    PS...the win98 is an upgrade, aproblem ??

    Morph, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Morph

    Don Guest

    Turn off the restore function and the boot from a windows 98 startup floppy

    In DOS, rename the program files folder to oldprog and the Windows folder to
    oldwin, move to the oldwin folder and rename win.com to win.old

    You can then install win98 from an installation disc knowing all other files
    are still on your hard drive.

    It sound like you failed to find the correct driver for the modem with
    windows 98 last time and the ME version of Windows had a suitable driver. so
    you may have the same problem again when you return to Win98 so try and get
    a win98 version of the driver for that modem from the internet before you
    start.

    If you don't like your new installation of Windows 98 and wish to return to
    where you were you will be able to from DOS delete the new windows folder
    and the new program files folder and then reverse the renaming you did
    before, so on a restart your installation will run in ME as it did before.

    Don, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Morph

    Don Guest

    Do you know how many posts there are currently on this NG? You rude ignorant
    prat

    Don, Oct 25, 2004
  4. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Mon,
    Enough that this same problem has been repeatedly resolved by a number
    of far superior posters than you, dickhead. Now, eat my shorts, nancy
    boy.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 25, 2004
  5. Morph

    Conor Guest

    Thus proving his point. There are literally thousands of posts about
    spyware in this group. The question has been answered more than enough.

    Conor, Oct 25, 2004
  6. Morph

    Don Guest

    And the foul language? Are you not going to defend that too?

    Don, Oct 25, 2004
  7. Morph

    Conor Guest

    Its usenet. Get used to it. Its been like this for the last 14 years I
    know of. If you don't like it then why not write a letter to the editor
    of the Daily Mail and complain?

    Conor, Oct 25, 2004
  8. Morph

    Morph Guest

    Cheers fer the info Don, ...and now ya mention it man, someone DID say,
    months back,that all i should have done was find some drivers ?? Remember
    the bit re' me being not too brill with puters..Would like to know if any of
    the other 2 ignorant guys (altho ' the doc did help ), could cleanly install
    operating systems, using sys restore and backing up prog files after they
    1st got their comps..Just a hought, but i doubt any1 of us after a few month
    were whizz's, is doc KM ? or trying to be ?, and also I still aint seen
    found ''Mikes'' post or 1 that covered downgrading OS's, ah well, probably
    because my HDD space is so small i have to have permanent deleted
    posts..yeah, he has probably got more than half a gig of HD,
    Cheers again Don, Fred, ( Morph )

    Morph, Oct 26, 2004
  9. Morph

    gb Guest

    To be honest, Don, Morph, or Fred Cromer as he was known, just wants people
    to do all the foot work for him. He posts his questions (in barely readable
    format) and expects everyone to give him the answers he needs without trying
    to find the information himself. Nobody ever learnt anything that way.

    gb, Oct 28, 2004