    Likes Received:
    0
    My little bro got and Apple 600 for his birthday and now he hates my grandparent for giving it to him. But I was wondering if it would be cool to mod the case and make it into a Micro-ATX PC or something. If anyone has any ideas Id like to hear em. Thanx.

    Genaio, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Genaio

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    mike is making a Mod to a Applie iMac (the shitest ever mac)
    a suggestion is just whack a m-ATX board in if it fits... otherwise u just have to stick with a Apple 600!!! make sure i can fit a power supply as well, a HDD and is so a CD/DVD rom :D measurements first ppl!
    If u can take some photos of the inside... and upload them (u can send them to me). we can suggest some ideas :D

    unholy, Jun 28, 2005

  3. Genaio

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    So....

    Genaio - are you going to mod that thing? A micro-ATX board should fit in, but we can't really say until you provide some measurements and other important data. I would use an Athlon 64 micro-ATX board from MSI that has built-in video, the RS480M2-IL socket 939 board here:
    http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=RS480M2-IL&class=mb
    [​IMG]

    bigal, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Genaio

    Genaio

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sorry for the delay. Drum Crops season is like 2 months long.
    I did measure it and it has the same interior dimentions as a m-ATX case from like chenbro. I does still have the original Logic Board and all of the interior mounting crap. Thats all comming out though. So i think that it would work with the above mobo. I was kinda asking for more of visual ideas, cause Im stupid and cant come up with my own moding ideas. I'll try and post some pics ASAP.

    Genaio, Jul 27, 2005
  5. Genaio

    m1k30rz

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    57
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    New Zealand
    That interior mounting stuff can be easily removed with a dremel, I've had to do it with my VCR Mod :)

    m1k30rz, Jul 27, 2005