would the last rat leaving Telecom please turn on the IVR andtransfer calls to manila

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by akcarlos, Aug 5, 2008.

  1. akcarlos

    akcarlos Guest

    Does anybody know how to get intelligent support from a New Zealander
    at xtra/telecom who can fix a problem.?

    I have had an email address for more than 10 years with xtra doesnt
    seem capable of providing an email service to me anymore.

    more than a month ago I moved and canceled my phone and broadband with
    xtra BUT NOT my telecom account, I kept ringing until I got somebody
    who understanded I wanted this and put my xtra account on a $10 per
    month dial up account so I could still keep the email address.
    after being billed for this $10 a month and a half later my email
    stoped authenticating, I rang and was told I had closed my account.

    anyway to make a long story short Telecom can reactivate my account
    and email but I cannot have my old email address because it contains a
    dash and an alias contains an underscore.
    they were happy to give me a new email address but thats no bloody
    use.

    anyone have any ideas if I can fix this at least temporarily until I
    buy a domain and host my own email?

    akcarlos, Aug 5, 2008

  2. akcarlos

    Bobs Guest

    Say what? Even Hotmail lets you have underscores in your email. THink
    he's full of shit myself.

    Bobs, Aug 5, 2008

  3. akcarlos

    akcarlos Guest

    I understand that it is definatly possible to just reactivate my
    account and I am 100% sure there is somebody at
    Telecom xtra who can do this but how do I get in contact with this
    person , do they still work for Telecom /xtra.

    I would hope that they are making a mistake in trying to create a new
    account with my existing account rather than reactivating my old but
    even if they are how can I get them to do this.

    I strongly suspect that Telecom have so well insulated anybody in the
    business with Authority from the actual customers that service is near
    impossible or accidental.

    akcarlos, Aug 6, 2008
  4. akcarlos

    Jasen Betts Guest

    8+ months ago they stopped providing SMTP, and yahoo has been doing a
    half-arsed job for them ever since. (who needs RFC2554 anyway)

    about the same time yahoo took over the mailboxes too.
    Use a bigger hammer!

    In the meantime if you want an email address you can take with you try
    gmail. they don't like underscores either but dots are ok.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Aug 7, 2008
  5. akcarlos

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Have you asked to speak with a supervisor? Always escalate if you feel you
    are not given the correct service you deserve. Do you have case number or
    some kind of call tracking things to help the supervisor look at the
    history?

    If you stay stuck at the front line, the scripted answers will continue to
    be read to you. Be polite and firm. I think that it will all work out,
    but you need to get the right people on the case. Get tracking numbers for
    your calls, so when you call back you can say " Hi I am calling about
    ticket # 1234, I will wait while you review it..."

    Dave Taylor, Aug 7, 2008