    customer so if and when they return, it will be easier the 2nd time.

    Thanks for the time.
    Joe

    red belair, Aug 25, 2004

  2. red belair

    A String Guest

    I always recommend "Ghost" for this purpose. My favorite.

    A String, Aug 25, 2004

  3. red belair

    red belair Guest

    I use Ghost for DOS type copies/cloning...I will have to check it out
    for Windows and networks.
    Thanks
    Joe

    ps, i like and have used ghost many times.

    red belair, Aug 26, 2004
  4. red belair

    D Guest

    use older versions of ghost (like 7.0 or 8.0). i find better for network
    cloning.

    cheers,

    D, Aug 26, 2004
  5. Download a copy of Barts universal network boot floppy (available at
    bootdisk.com), and keep ghost (symantec) on a network share, for pcs who
    boot from floppy. It allows to image to network drives, and split images to
    fit on a set of CDs.
    Use a live linux distribution (knoppix ...) to image drives when you can
    boot from CDs, as a no-cost solution.

    Walter Mautner, Aug 26, 2004
  6. red belair

    A String Guest

    I have an old version that predates Norton. It is an old DOS version 5.0
    See if you can find it on the net. Works like a charm and like D stated, it
    works better then the windows version. Also, it is really small. Fit's
    perfectly onto a floppy.

    A String, Aug 26, 2004
  7. red belair

    clonemyselfclonemyself

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ghost on networks

    The server application you are looking for is ghostcast and the boot disk creator (version 11 has it)

    you run ghostcast on server and use created boot cd or floppies to call to server. Then you go to server and send the image... receiving images are automatic once called.

    clonemyselfclonemyself, Jun 27, 2008