    Well, this is anecdotal, but I'm all of a sudden getting responses to my resume
    on monster.com since I added my MCSD.NET certification to it.

    Mike

    Mike Maddux, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Mike Maddux

    rana ian Guest

    mike,

    Much apprciated. This clears up, to some degree,
    whether certification can actually add anything to
    industry experience.

    rana

    rana ian, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Mike Maddux

    Guest Guest

    When all your problems are nails, then your toolbox will contain only a
    hammer. Becuase the experience of most developers tends to be vertical
    (system programmer, database developer, web developer, etc.) they tend to
    become familiar with only a subset of the available tools. The process of
    becomming certified forces them to learn about new solutions.

    Guest, Sep 29, 2003