    greatly improved range and hopefully improve connections.

    Advice appreciated.

    Dave.

    BadAngler, Jul 3, 2005

  2. BadAngler

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    I usually shy away from the combos. The Router is not as good as stand
    alone, and the whole arrangement limit your Network flexibility.

    You should get a good stand alone Wireless Cable/DSL Router and configure a
    regular infrastructure Wireless LAN.

    Wireless Hardware - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    If distance is still problem you would need more hardware to extend the
    coverage of the Network.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jul 4, 2005

  3. BadAngler

    BadAngler Guest

    Thanks for reply Jack, will look into seperate components. However is the
    power output from a router greater than pci cards and therefore hopefully
    have better range and will enable me to setup infrastructure network as
    opposed to current ad-hoc?

    (For some reason I have been unable to connect to the ezlan.net website for
    last couple of days, just get 'the page cannot be displayed' error.)

    Your time and advice appreciated,

    Dave.

    BadAngler, Jul 5, 2005