    grateful for the discs and the option of getting the "old" packaging, but
    what an inconvenience. Anyone else hate it?

    Morgan

    Morgan, Aug 17, 2005

  2. And put up with the major bit of petulant snubbing in the very act of
    disagreeing with one of Groening's self-marketing ideas.

    Derek Janssen (close-minded and afraid of change)

    Derek Janssen, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Morgan

    Jordan Guest

    I thought it was kind of cool. I was wondering if they're going to use
    the rest of the characters for the rest of the sets:

    Season 6 - Homer
    7 - Marge
    8 - Bart
    9 - Lisa
    10 - Maggie

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Morgan

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Jordan () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    Well, with the slow way they are dribbling out the series and how long
    the series has run, there will be enough for *every* character from the
    series.

    Jeff Rife, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Morgan

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful Jeff Rife declared:
    They did two seasons last year. They're doing two seasons this year.
    Hardly a dribble considering the number of commentaries they have
    to record for each set.

    Sean O'Hara, Aug 19, 2005
  6. Morgan

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful Jeff Rife declared:
    And Season 7 comes out in December. That's two releases per year for
    two years running -- and not coincidentally, the faster release
    schedule corresponds to TV shows on DVD becoming popular.
    Well, the alternatives are for them to cut the commentaries or
    cancel the show so the crew will have more time to record them.

    Of course, the show isn't likely to last until 2014 -- Groening's
    said several times he just wants to beat Bonanza's record as the
    longest running series before calling it quits.
    So you'll be better off with them eking the series out slowly so
    you'll have fewer seasons to repurchase.

    Sean O'Hara, Aug 20, 2005
  7. Morgan

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Sean O'Hara () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ is on top of every TV show, and really
    popular ones (like "The Simpsons") they have very early details about.
    Yet, there isn't even a flicker of a hint there that anything is coming
    out in December.

    The only hint that it might be out then is an insert in some current
    DVD releases, and we all know how notoriously bad that is.

    Jeff Rife, Aug 20, 2005