    http://store.apple.com/us/product/D3381Z/A are bad.
    Anyone know of a product I can use to edit movies - like in 'Windows Movie
    Maker', but with .mov files ?

    - Bobb -, Aug 29, 2009

  2. - Bobb -

    sandy58 Guest

    This is not my spiel. This is the blurb that Xillisoft shoot with this
    program. Is this the kinda stuff you need?
    "Xilisoft Video Editor 1.0.34.0821 Portable | 15.34 Mb
    No need to be worried about formats, frame rate or file sizes, the
    functions of video join, split and cut can be easily achieved by
    Xilisoft Video Editor. The video editing software allows you to edit
    video files in various formats like AVI, MPEG, H.264, SWF, MOV, WMV,
    etc. for playback on popular devices like iPod, iPhone, PSP, PS3, and
    so on. The three processes, video join, split and cut, can run in
    background without too much space occupation.
    As a video joiner, splitter and cutter, Xilisoft Video Editor has an
    intuitive interface and makes it easy to turn original videos into
    works of art. And also you can watch the video in the preview window.
    Xilisoft Video Editor is well worthy of having a try."

    sandy58, Aug 30, 2009

  3. - Bobb -

    JD Guest

    This isn't really my thing, but I did a quick google and found this
    "http://www.jahshaka.org/" which is free and should support the .mov
    files you have.

    the blurb:
    "Jahshaka is a video and film compositing, editing and special fx system
    that uses OpenGL & OpenML hardware rendering to give operators real time
    interactivity. The system is cross platform, and also includes full CG,
    paint and image processing modules."

    JD

    JD, Aug 30, 2009
  4. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    Is this the kinda stuff you need?
    "Xilisoft Video Editor 1.0.34.0821 Portable | 15.34 Mb...

    Thanks but I'm really looking for opinions from USERS of "a program that
    works with mov files". I've downloaded a lot of utilities, but they all take
    a LONG time, some are very cumbersome to use etc. I have conversion apps but
    would like something that can take the mov file and allow me to edit
    it/splice etc without spending a lot of time 'getting ready to do that'. For
    those familiar I'd really like the feel of Windows Movie maker - except that
    it is outdated and it sometimes takes an hour to splice a few small files.
    ( only ever uses small amount of memory - even when nothing else is
    running.) With WMM, I can drag drop files into timeline, can cut, add
    audio,slides etc. BUT it doesn't work with mov files and I have a Kodak
    camera that I use on trips that uses .mov for video format. I CAN convert
    them into avi , and THEN work in WMM but if it's a big file it overwhelms
    WMM and every 3-4-5 minutes the program will hang for 30-45 seconds (
    swapping out memory ? saving the workspace ?). Ideally I'd take mem stick
    from camera - to pc. Copy files from memory stick - put into a folder. Open
    "this app" and be able to view /trim/delete the files. Later I'd maybe make
    into a " our day at WDW" file - or save onto a DVD for family to watch.
    I can do it now, but I'd like to find a better/easier solution and looking
    for feedback.
    Thanks

    - Bobb -, Aug 30, 2009
  5. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    It looks really powerful, but:
    " The jahshaka editing module is new and improved, currently only on linux "
    I'm using XP but will check it in the future - thanks

    - Bobb -, Aug 30, 2009