    profiles have the same information and I can't figure out which is my
    "real" profile.

    Gwen

    Gwen Morse, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Well if you have multiple profiles, when you start Moz, it should open
    Profile Manager, and give you a choice of which Profile to open. Does it?

    What is your OS?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jul 28, 2003

  3. That simply can't be. Moz will not create a profile with a used name.
    There must be differences.

    Okay, when you open Profile Manager, is there only one profile listed?
    What is its name?

    Where are you looking for the Profile folders? Your headers don't give
    a UA string, so I can't see your OS. In win98-ME, the path is:

    C:\>>Windows>>Application Data>>Mozilla>>Profiles

    In win2K-XP, its:

    C:\>>Documents and Settings>>(your user name)>>Application
    Data>>Mozilla>>Profiles

    Inside this folder will be subfolders for each profile. As far as I
    know, they cannot have the same name. When Moz creates a profile on a
    clean install, no profiles available, it is called Default User. You
    would find a subfolder for Default User. Using that as a hypothetical
    profile name, you mean you have multiple Default User subfolders in the
    Profiles folder?

    Well if you do, I suppose you could start renaming them, one by one, and
    open Moz each time you do. When Moz opens without your profile
    settings, or opens Profile Manager to prompt you to create a profile,
    you've found the one you are looking for.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Gwen Morse

    Serengeti Guest

    maybe you should check their creation dates? right click->Properties and
    it's mentioned somewhere in the appearing dialog.
    I'd assume your current profile is the newest one.

    But before deleting anything, could you tell us which version of Windows
    are you using?

    cheers,
    Serengeti

    Serengeti, Jul 29, 2003
  5. Gwen Morse

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    What is your home directory path? Did you create a new location for your
    home directory other than win/app.data/mozilla/etc? If so, your actual
    profile would be the one from the new moz install and you could have
    many old ones that would not show up in profile manager- since they are
    in a different location.

    GA

    Gordon Abbot, Jul 30, 2003
  6. Gwen Morse

    Gwen Morse Guest

    I'm running Mozilla under Redhat Linux 9. However, I post using the
    Windows version of Agent (under Wine).

    Today, I'm posting from Windows2000 as I can't boot into Linux
    (unrelated issue).

    The profiles are named "goldmoon" (my user name) and each is nested in
    a directory that's named with a random collection of letters and
    numbers. I'm assuming there's a file somewhere that indicates _which_
    of these directories holds the working goldmoon profile.

    Gwen

    Gwen Morse, Aug 15, 2003