    None of the computers on my home network appear in my network. when i try to
    acsess mshome i get a message saying Mshome is not accessable ou might not
    have permission to use the network resource.

    gemini, Aug 16, 2006

  2. Hello,

    You did not provided any information about your computers and how everything
    is connected, thus making it hard to help. First, make sure you have a
    properly configured firewall.

    If any of the computers have the Windows Firewall enabled, make sure it is
    properly configured for file and printer sharing. With Windows Firewall
    enabled, go to the Exception tab, and click to check the File and Printer
    Sharing checkbox. If you've installed a third party firewall program (Norton
    or McAfee, etc), make sure that it's configured to allow access on the local
    area network.

    Eric Cross [MVP], Aug 16, 2006

  3. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 17, 2006