    backup")
    It works, no more ~ on desktop and the backups get saved.
    -Don

    Don C, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Don C

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Or just run windows update. The fix has been post for a while now.

    pcbutts1, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Don C

    Brian H¹© Guest

    It still happens to me, and I am up-to-date with the patches for the patches.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003
  4. Don C

    Don C Guest

    patches.

    same here.

    Don C, Dec 31, 2003
  5. Howdy!

    (in re: the spurious ~ file that's a backup of the Outlook Express
    address book showing up)

    Which fix is that? I'm up to date, and !I! get it also ...

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Dec 31, 2003
  6. Don C

    philo Guest

    Thank you! It worked great!

    That "~" problem was cured on my *win98* machine that did have the
    updates applied.

    I noticed that with *XP*, the Microsoft Updates did get rid of the "~"
    on the desktop

    philo, Dec 31, 2003
  7. Don C

    Brian H¹© Guest

    philo said:
    You are only looking at what you can see, have a little search of your system
    and see if you can find a copy in My Documents, Oe-QuoteFix (if you have/use it)
    directly under C:\ , or in any other location on your hard drive.
    If there is already a copy in the first location it tries to save the file ~ to,
    it will save it somewhere else.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 31, 2003
  8. Don C

    Don C Guest

    You're Welcome.

    Don C, Dec 31, 2003
  9. Don C

    philo Guest

    Yes, I knew it was still in my system...but at least it was not on the
    desktop!

    philo, Jan 1, 2004
  10. Don C

    Brian H¹© Guest