Work Laptop won't see Home Network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by smiffy15, Sep 1, 2006.

  1. smiffy15

    smiffy15

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all,

    I recently started a new job and was given a company laptop. The laptop logs onto a domain for the network access. I want to use this laptop at home as part of my home network wirelessly.

    It can connect wirelessly to my Zyxel p660-HW router and able to ping other machines/the pc but cannot see any files or shared folders. I haven't tried out the internet connection as the pc is not connected to the internet. I know that the major stumbling block here is my pc is using the workgroup and the laptop a domain to register on the network.

    changing from domain to workgroup on the laptop is out of the question due to the nature of my job but i would like it to be able to connect to my pc wirelessly and share files/folders

    Is there a way to do this? i have searched the net for a solution but most sites offer a solution if the network is wired or say to change to workgroup,etc!!

    Many thanks in advance

    Paul

    smiffy15, Sep 1, 2006