    I've got several Canon Powershots so I'd better shake them to find
    out if there's anything rattling inside, other than the intentional
    ones.

    ASAAR, Jun 1, 2009

  3. ASAAR

    Rich Guest

    There had to be a reason for all the dud camera releases, apart from
    Canon's obvious disdain for customers and their treatment as guinea
    pigs and beta testers..

    Rich, Jun 1, 2009
  4. ASAAR

    ASAAR Guest

    I just came across a DPR forum thread that describes a new Canon
    G10 bug. New to me, perhaps to thee, but Canon's advisory is dated
    23-Apr-09 so others may already be aware of it. This bug
    occasionally produces an uncorrectable thin horizontal black line in
    some images. Canon shows how to check the camera's serial number to
    see if your G10 has the bug as well as a mark inside the battery
    cover that shows if it has been corrected. According to one forum
    reply Canon UK says that the turnaround time for fixing this is six
    weeks. Another earlier bug (producing magenta images under certain
    conditions) is also uncorrectable, but the fix can be easily done by
    the user, requiring the G10's firmware to be upgraded.

    Canon releases service notice for g10 :

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1000&message=32007571

    G10 "Lines appearing in images . . ."

    http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Cons...faqtcmuri=tcm:14-644511&page=1&type=important

    G10 "Magenta (reddish purple) cast in recorded images . . ."

    http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Cons...0.aspx?type=important&faqtcmuri=tcm:14-625035

    ASAAR, Jun 2, 2009
  5. ASAAR

    Bob Larter Guest

    WTF are you wittering about /this/ time? Have you finally bought a camera?

    Bob Larter, Jun 2, 2009
  6. ASAAR

    Rich Guest

    Someone told me the G10 is the point and shoot people too stupid to
    buy the Panasonic LX3 buy.

    Rich, Jun 2, 2009
  7. ASAAR

    DRS Guest

    +1

    The G10 is an excellent camera in its class.

    DRS, Jun 2, 2009
  8. ASAAR

    ASAAR Guest

    Still talking to yourself? :)

    They're both good cameras and if you don't, won't or can't realize
    that, that puts you a few notches below even KR, who has recently
    been on a roll. All downhill.

    ASAAR, Jun 2, 2009
  9. ASAAR

    Rich Guest