Wordprocessor / Password storage Question

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, May 12, 2014.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Hi folks, quick Q...

    I have a 'master file' of all of my passwords in the form of a
    password-protected Libre Office Writer document.

    I've been keeping backups all over the place - where ever I have private
    storage - as I'd be royally inconvenienced if I lost some of them. I copied
    the file to my cell phone's memory card a while back but now I'm wondering
    if that's wise. If I were to loose the fone... (Not that I've *ever* lost a
    cell fone <touches wood>.)

    So what do folks think? If it's laughably easy to rack (as I'm thinking it
    probably is) is there a better, light and user-friendly (free) option where
    I can just memorise one master password? One that doesn't need the machine
    that crearted it to access - maybe a portable app? Oh, and one that I can
    import my current data into as a text file as there are literally hundreds
    of passwords and sets of log-on info there, some less important that others
    but still.....

    TIA folks,
    --
    </Shaun>

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).

    ~misfit~, May 12, 2014

  2. ~misfit~

    Gordon Guest

    KeePass and LastPass have got the Oz Techlife reccomended stamp of approval
    in the latest version.

    Gordon, May 12, 2014

  3. ~misfit~

    John Guest

    What's wrong with two hard copies one close by and the backup
    under the matress? :)

    John, May 13, 2014
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Housefire? <touches wood>

    ~misfit~, May 14, 2014
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Thanks to all who answered; KeePass it will be then. I'll look into it.

    Much appreciated,

    ~misfit~, May 14, 2014
  6. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest