    Why am I asked for a password. This has only happened since I had to
    re-format and re-install. It's so annoying, can anyone help?

    moose

    Peter Mobley, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Peter Mobley

    WormWood Guest

    Copy-Paste the line of html that is not responding correctly and post it
    here. Better yet, post your page's url.

    WormWood, Jun 20, 2005

  3. Peter Mobley

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:08:34 GMT, Peter Mobley wrote:

    To help avoid spam getting to you or the BY mail servers , read this -
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/getContent.jspx?page=h_services_news_troubleshooting_howavoid
    It's assumed you mean on your BY PWP site you didn't say.

    If it is your BY account try ,

    blueyonder.discussion.pwp - for BY user help from other BY users.
    blueyonder.support.pwp - for BY technical support.
    blueyonder.users.self-help - as it says.

    Is it only you or anyone else.
    Were you messing around with .htaccess files.
    Can you still connect via FTP to upload files?

    Have you uploaded the files in binary or ascii mode?

    Have you checked the file permissions?
    Me

    why?, Jun 20, 2005
  4. Peter Mobley

    Duane Arnold Guest

    If you're using IIS, a browser starts a session with a HTTP server as
    anonymous - which IIS translates to a specific user, IUSR_MACHINE. If this
    user doesn't have rights to a file, then the browser gets an access error
    from the server and pops up the username/password box. This
    username/password then are used as the credentials. Make sure the account
    exists, has the "Log on Local" user right (set with User Manager) and has
    privilege to the file you want to access (and that the anonymous account
    doesn't have privilege).

    You should make sure IUSR_MACHINE is the anonymous account being used for
    the Web Site and wherever you're keeping these files that the Everyone Group
    account has access rights, because IUSR_MACHINE is part of the Guest group.
    You can see the IUSR_MACHINE with Administrator Tools for user accounts
    User Manager.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 20, 2005
  5. Peter Mobley