Word Doc Does Not Open On First Attempt, But Does On Second

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Martin, Jan 7, 2009.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hello,

    In May of last year, I temporarily removed both my hard drives, which may or
    may not be related to the problem at hand.

    Prior to their removal, when I double-left clicked a Word doc, it opened
    almost immediately. It didn't hang, so to speak.

    After re-inserting the hard drives and attaching their cables, every Word
    doc that I wish to open hangs, without opening.

    Consequently, I have to close the doc and then double-left click it again.

    When I do, it opens almost immediately, as was the case prior to my removing
    the hard drives.

    I recall a number of years ago a Dell technician helping me to shorten the
    wait time to about 400 milliseconds before a Word doc would start to open.

    Unfortunately, I can't find a Dell technician who currently knows how to
    replicate what his colleague did a few years back.

    If it's relevant, I have a Dell 8200 Dimension, 1.99 gigahertz, 512 MB
    Rambus RAM. My OS is XP Pro, SP 2. I have Office 2002, SP 3.

    As always, any assistance to rectify this problem will be greatly
    appreciated.

    Regards,

    Martin

    Martin, Jan 7, 2009

  2. Is it from the file menu in word or from a link on yer desktop or from a
    folder outside word?

    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 7, 2009