    (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849) to no avail.

    Is this a bug? Is there anyway round this??

    Any help appreciated.

    Sandy Nuts, May 3, 2007

  2. Sandy Nuts

    Mike Easter Guest

    Sandy Nuts wrote:

    > KB922849 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849)

    "If you trust the document that you want to open, you can move the
    document to a trusted location. This will override the policies."

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 3, 2007

  3. Sandy Nuts

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 03 May 2007 15:30:20 GMT, Sandy Nuts wrote:

    >I've received a Word document that's been created in an older version of
    >Word (not sure on exact version). The document will not open or preview as I
    >get an error message saying ...
    >
    >"You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of
    >Microsoft Office, This file type is blocked from opening in this version by
    >your registry policy setting"

    Hasn't this been mentioned before, both www.google.com (yes I saw the
    next line) and 24HSHD

    >I, being the administrator, have set no such policy. I have Googled and

    Being the administrator, so what. How many registry keys are set by
    software, system policy etc?

    >tried the suggestions re: registry keys on Microsoft Support KB922849
    >(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849) to no avail.

    The keys you are setting are being reset?

    Odd they usually work.

    >Is this a bug? Is there anyway round this??

    Have you looked at compatability mode?

    Converting the file format.

    MSDN blogs / Word
    http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_office_word/default.aspx

    http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_office_word/archive/tags/compatibility/default.aspx
    RTM Compatibility Pack Released
    Compatibility in Word 2007 – Part IV

    MS MVP sites.
    For Word
    http://word.mvps.org/index.html

    OpenOffice.

    MS Office newsgroups, via Google groups, the MS newsserver or browser.

    >Any help appreciated.

    Me

    why?, May 3, 2007