    Valley, just wondering has the performance improved much at all? (pings,
    latency, speed, etc)
    Thanks.

    Carl Elphick, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Speed is fine. Downloads always seems to run at the advertised 250 kbit/
    s, allowing for slower server connections. Latency is still terrible and
    has big variations between pings e.g.

    --- www.woosh.co.nz ping statistics ---
    round-trip min/avg/max = 131/352/696 ms

    --- www.rockwoodcomic.com ping statistics ---
    round-trip min/avg/max = 414/546/807 ms

    I would love to use Skype for making calls to POTS phones, but I've
    tried the Skype test number and the audio is so broken up it's unuseable.

    Woosh have been doing upgrades on their equipment and a fortnight ago
    they issued a modem firmware upgrade, which they said needed to be
    applied by the 15th of December if you still wanted to connect. I'm
    hoping this upgrade will improve things.

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Dec 12, 2004