    RAW files.

    That's all - I'm a happy camper and would recommend the Ultra II cards to
    anyone looking for FAST storage...

    adm, Sep 1, 2004

  2. adm

    Alan Browne Guest

    ...probably does RAW -> JPEG conversion on the fly while
    storing, so that would slow it down. RAW is pretty much straight
    copy.
    It'll get faster, bigger, more.

    Alan Browne, Sep 1, 2004

  3. adm

    adm Guest

    I suppose so.
    Absolutely.....it's all good !

    adm, Sep 1, 2004
  4. adm

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Or given the fact the NEFF file is bigger it takes longer to write the neff
    so decreases in write time are noticeable to the user? The D-70 is able to
    take advantage of these faster cards, unlike my CP-5700. On the 5700 write
    times of raw take ~20 sec no matter if I use an old Lexar 8x 128MB card of
    my newer Lexar 40XWA 1GB card.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Sep 1, 2004
  5. adm

    Rick Guest

    You can't go by Lexar. They use a hokey acceleration method
    that only works with certain cameras. Get SanDisk Ultra II
    and you'll see a major difference.

    Rick

    Rick, Sep 1, 2004