Wonderful new singer with a fresh new approach.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Susie Wong, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Susie Wong

    Susie Wong Guest

    Susie Wong, Jan 30, 2004

  2. It's bloody awful. What is it - karaoke? If I heard a bird singing
    like either of those I'd shooter it. Then again, I could make a fortune
    with a bird that could sing "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", I suppose.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Susie Wong

    Raj V Guest

    Reminds me of an uncle who loved to sing country songs and thought he was
    pretty good. He could sing about as well as he could play a guitar, which
    was truly awful. Back in the late 50's he bought an LP cutting recorder and
    would invite his similarly talented buddies over to sing and plink on the
    guitar while the machine cut the tiny strings of vinyl. Watching the machine
    cut the record was far more interesting. We were all pretty embarrassed
    especially when he would press a record on us to take home. But what the
    hell, he had a great time. He would have LOVED karaoke!

    Ironically my cousin was one of the most talented musicians I've ever known,
    on the piano and especially on the guitar. Sounded like Chet Atkins. For the
    hell of it he took flamenco lessons and I was told he was damned good at
    that too. Tragically, after getting married he never played in a band again
    and his wife banished him to the attic with a folding chair under a bare
    light bulb if he wanted to play! Talk about a f*%&$^# waste! I used to hate
    her for that but he was an adult too. I wish I had a quarter of his talent.

    Raj

    Raj V, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Susie Wong

    trout Guest

    Is this a test of an RIAA pilot program? If this doesn't frighten
    people away from free music on the 'net; nothing will.

    trout, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Susie Wong

    SirThanxALot Guest

    reminds me of a music quiz,
    Round 3
    "what perfectly fine song are we raping here?"

    regards,
    srtnxalt

    SirThanxALot, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Susie Wong

    Juan Pérez Guest

    Like a buzzard?

    Juan Pérez, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Susie Wong

    Phil Guest

    Well Suzie, as a professional entertainer myself, I would not normally dream
    of criticising a fellow artiste, but in this case I must make an
    exception... Wings voice, on the recording I played, was so atrocious as to
    be embarrassing! Her future in the music industry is not even a remote
    possibility, and as Hywel said in his post "is this Karaoke?" Well, I beg
    you to ask her, nay beg her, not to waste any more of her money on recording
    her voice!!! By all means she could visit Karaoke bars seven nights a week
    but please ask her to not inflict her voice on anyone apart from the people
    in the Karaoke bars...
    it's a very long time since I heard such a really bad singing voice.

    Phil, Jan 31, 2004
  8. I listened to the "don't cry for me argentina" as well. I can't help
    but laugh my way through the whole sample. I think the OP is trying to
    be sarcastic. Just look at "her" name - Susie Wong. That must be a
    joke.

    f_underhill37, Jan 31, 2004
  9. God, I hope you're not serious Suzie!

    That's hilarious, especially Mrs. Miller!

    I seem to remember a Mrs. Miller on the charts in the 50's and 60's but
    she wasn't that far 'out there' was she? Is this the same Mrs. Miller?

    If you are serious Suzie I'm sure you'll find an audience. Tiny Tim did.
    Enjoy. Best of luck.

    Joey Goldstein, Jan 31, 2004
  10. Susie Wong

    pwfan Guest

    I loved it. More please

    pwfan, Jan 31, 2004
  11. Why? Becaue it's oriental sounding??

    She's probably singing for real
    Her songs are spreading like wildfire amongst online teenie boppers. They're
    all laughing of course

    seo yonnermark, Jan 31, 2004
  12. Um, have you heard of Suzie Wong? It is a derogatory reference to
    asian females. I'm just guessing it's a fake name coz the first url is
    to Wing, who is an asian female. Maybe I'm just reading too much into
    it.

    f_underhill37, Jan 31, 2004
  13. Susie Wong

    Al Stevens Guest

    Al Stevens, Jan 31, 2004
  14. Susie Wong

    Rud Guest

    LOL Dare can be miricol ef you belef.
    Yeah, there's plenty of them in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    I wouldn't say fresh new sound. Warbling and singing out of tune has been
    around for ages :O)

    Rud, Jan 31, 2004
  15. Susie Wong

    David McKay Guest

    David McKay, Feb 1, 2004
  16. Mike Williams, Feb 1, 2004
  17. Sounds like he was much better at playing than at choosing women :)

    Cheers
    Tony

    Tony Mountifield, Feb 1, 2004
  18. Susie Wong

    yonnermark Guest

    nope. maybe you're right

    yonnermark, Feb 4, 2004
  19. Susie Wong

    Stan Gosnell Guest

    "The World Of Susie Wong" is a rather well-known movie which
    starred William Holden and Natalie Wood.

    Stan Gosnell, Feb 6, 2004