  1. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    Interesting take.

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003

  2. I love it when you talk dirty.

    --
    Fris "Obsessed with the big O" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Dec 3, 2003

  3. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    ----- theseeker wrote: ----

    Hi all, I just want to know why there aren't much women
    in the IT industry. Especially in Software developement
    area.

    Is it because we use words like, submit, dispose, abort,
    terminate, et

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  4. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    I know of a female programmer who objected to the use of a loop counter
    variable:

    Cnt%

    --
    Fris "Dck&" bee® MCNGP #13

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  5. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  6. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    Must be befitting.....
    Precisely why she objected......

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  7. theseeker

    Crystal Guest

    OMG! That is frickin' hilarious!

    Here's my take on the subject:

    Women in general are not encouraged to go into more scientific professions.
    If they show an interest, then they are a nerd, geek, or even better, a
    "troglodyte". (I think I need to subscribe to Kline Sphere's word-of-the-day
    email.)

    I'm sorry to break it to you guys, but being a computer nerd isn't exactly
    a cool and exciting profession to the rest of the world.

    To be a master, you need to have a lot of experience, or no life. Most women
    who would qualify with a lot of experience are probably in their 40's and
    there's not that many women in their 40's or older who would be considered
    hot, regardless of their profession. Besides, I think a lot of women move
    into management at a certain point in their career so they can do what women
    do best, boss around men. Any super-geek woman with no life who codes in her
    basement until the early hours of the morning probably isn't paying too much
    attention to the way she looks.

    In my experience, there has been about 5-10% ratio of women within the IT
    department. The only exception to this was a place I worked whose salary was
    below standard. At that company, it was almost 50-50.

    And by the way, you should be glad there is such a low percentage of women
    since I seem to find that most programmers cannot control themselves when
    they are around attractive, intelligent women they work with. At every
    single job I've had for the past 6 years since I entered the IT market, at
    least one guy has hit on me (and feels the need to tell me instead of
    keeping their little crush to themselves) regardless of the fact that I am
    happily married with two kids (and regardless of the fact that they are also
    usually married or involved with someone.) The only time I got hit on more
    was when I was a 19-year-old masseuse (but that's a whole other story.) :)

    Crystal

    Crystal, Dec 3, 2003
  8. Oh, why why WHY do you sexy female-type nerds taunt me so?

    --
    Fris "A little lower... ah, that's it!" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Dec 3, 2003
  9. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I know of a female programmer who objected to the use of a loop counter
    If she was from the UK, I'd bet she'd still shop at fcuk!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 3, 2003
  10. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    with.

    Could not have said that better myself.

    Didn't want to say it before, becuase I wasn't sure if it
    was just ME, or if others experienced it.

    After so many years of it....you tend to expect it....and
    try to "roll" with it.

    Then I learned you loose your credentials.....( if anyone
    noticed your credentials in the first place )

    So, how do you get by with the BS, and not have to play
    the game?

    I think I know the answer.....just don't play the game.

    But what I've learned is: It seems like if you play the
    game, the guys eventually become immune to ( or bored
    with ) the game and disenchanted with the fact that
    you're an attractive female.

    Of course no two jobs/situations are the same. But most
    men are really gentlemen when it comes down to do-or-die
    judgement calls. They just like to pontificate
    themselves all over the new girl because.....let's face
    it......this career can keep you in the social cave.

    Glad to see someone made it!!

    Do you find that these certs have helped you?
    Or is it all relative to the below?

    Thanks

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  11. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Women in general are not encouraged to go into more scientific professions.

    As I said before, baby machines!
    My best 'word of the day' rhymed with grass cutter.
    I try to model myself on those geek's in the x-files.
    Experience - The 'no life' part comes with experience!
    What!!! You mean all those Women I see on those 'mature' porn sites
    aren't real!!!
    I have to pay extra for that, lol!
    Buffy works long hours, she's alright!
    Very sad, but true.....
    Yep, always someone trying to get hold of your picture...
    Picture please?

    Kline Sphere, Dec 3, 2003
  12. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    Crystal is not me.....is not who you think it
    is.....Kline.

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  13. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    However, Crystal took the words right outta my mouth.

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  14. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Crystal is not me.....is not who you think it
    I gathered that, I still want your picture (so does Consultant) as
    well.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 3, 2003
  15. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    But most
    No, they just want to get you between the sheets, sorry it's true!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 3, 2003
  16. theseeker

    Consultant Guest

    yes, send the pic!

    Consultant, Dec 3, 2003
  17. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    So, how do you get by with the BS, and not have to play
    What no MSc, phew!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 3, 2003
  18. theseeker

    Consultant Guest

    tis true

    Consultant, Dec 3, 2003
  19. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    No, I think I like the image that you must have conjured
    up in your minds.

    I let it go too far, the real deal is not as good as your
    imagination......I'M SURE OF THAT!!!

    So, go with it man!!

    Ride out the image, dude!!

    :)
    :)

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  20. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Crystal took the words right outta my mouth.

    Hope there was no tongues!!!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 3, 2003