    What are you? Master Cyber Solution Daemon?

    I know of none, although I don't know any male mcsd's either! [/B

    staciewebe

    stacieweber, Dec 2, 2003

  2. theseeker

    JJW3 Guest

    Personally I'm all for it - Christmas parties would be a
    lot more interesting @!!!

    However - I'm a realist ... from the women I've spoke
    with: Most women don't find programming very exciting,
    nor they really want to expend that much effort to
    understand pure logic.

    I don't mean to sound sexist, however, I've been living
    in SV for over three years (and have lots of exposure in
    to other companies as a consultant) and I haven't meet an
    elite female programmer. The ones I've met are mediocre,
    good at best - but no Jedi masters that truly appreciate
    logic and elegance.

    JJW3, Dec 2, 2003

  3. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    Personally I'm all for it - Christmas parties would be a
    I don't understand the pun....but of course I'm female.
    Could you explain the Xmas dig?
    Yes, this is very true. Most of them just want to "get
    by" and not see it for it's power.....logical reasoning
    cannot be argued, it simply IS, ...can be proven true.
    That's not sexist.
    Neither, is it ignorant.

    However, you, like myself, don't have enough statistics
    to measure the aptitude of women programmers.

    The number of women programmers should be easy enough to
    find if it really interested anyone.

    But, yes their aptitude is always in question.

    Why is that?

    Experience?

    Women are really subordinate to male programmers,
    everywhere? This is rather disappointing. Don't they
    have an element to add to the industry?

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  4. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Short?
    Ummmm....

    Kline Sphere, Dec 2, 2003
  5. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I haven't meet an
    In time you will my young padawan learner.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 2, 2003
  6. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Here?

    Kline Sphere, Dec 2, 2003
  7. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Still waiting for your ppicture.....

    Kline Sphere, Dec 2, 2003
  8. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    All I have is a dog.

    Which don't require 24/7 attention, I may add.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 2, 2003
  9. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    But, yes their aptitude is always in question.

    Aptitude is very important in IT, No matter what sex you are. Without
    an aptitude for learning through your own initiative, you won't get
    far. Having said that it is clear by the posts in this ng, people are
    clearly lacking.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 2, 2003
  10. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    lol!

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  11. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Dec 2, 2003
  12. theseeker

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Chicken... HUGE BOOBS!

    Don't have to be THAT big!!!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 2, 2003
  13. theseeker

    Lorne Smith Guest

    More than a handful, and you'll sprain your wrist... :)

    Lorne Smith, Dec 2, 2003
  14. theseeker

    Consultant Guest

    but if the lady fancies a good t f'in, then they should be pretty good sized
    ;-)

    Consultant, Dec 2, 2003
  15. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Lorne.

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  16. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    Frisbee, I'm shocked.....
    You come outta MCSE at the weirdest times.
    Like cave dweller that smells somthing's up.

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  17. Hey hey hey
    Da da da
    That's what I say
    Da da da

    There's a man in the funny papers we all know
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    He lived way back a long time ago
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    Well he don't eat nothin' but bearcat stew
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    Oh well this cat's name is a-alley oop
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop

    He's the toughest man there is alive
    Alley oop
    Wears clothes from a wildcat's hide
    Alley oop
    He's the king of the jungle jive
    Look at that caveman go!

    He's got a chauffeur that's a genuine dinosaur
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    And he can knuckle your head before you count to four
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    He's got a big ugly club and a headful of hair
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    He's oohhhh eatin' grizzly bear
    (*laughter*)
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    Forgot the words!

    He's the toughest man there is alive
    Alley oop
    Wears clothes from a wildcat's hide
    Alley oop
    He's the king of the jungle jive
    Look at that caveman go!
    (*scream*)

    He rides through the jungle tearin' limbs offa trees
    (*scream*)
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    And knocking great big monsters dead on their knees
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    Other cats don't bug him 'cos they know better
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    'cos he's a mean motor scooter and a bad go-getter
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop

    Well, uh, he's the toughest man there is alive
    Alley oop
    Wears clothes from a wildcat's hide
    Alley oop
    He's a hully gully king of jive
    (*laugh*)
    Well look at that caveman go!
    (*scream*)

    There he goes
    (there he goes.)
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    Look at that caveman go
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    Ride, daddy, ride
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    Heigh-ho, dinosaur
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    Oh my goodness, what a big brute he is! hm!
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    Oh, how would you like a dinosaur like that, for your own? mm!
    (*laughter*)
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop
    Alley oop oop, oop oop oop

    (g minor. d7.)
    (what now? what now? )
    (just give me a minute.)
    (brian, I need a b flat [...]. you know I can't read.)

    --
    Fris "Official MCNGP Cave Man/Horn Dog" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Dec 2, 2003
  18. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    See! Did you have to know ALL the words?

    Guest, Dec 2, 2003
  19. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    How? No C&P here?

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  20. theseeker

    Guest Guest

    I don't mean to sound sexist, however, I've been living
    Okay here's my take on it.

    Women's minds work differently than men's. Women are
    better at juggling multiple tasks at the same time. Men
    are better at focusing on one single task to the point of
    obsession but they're not very good at keeping track of
    multiple tasks.

    Supposedly it has to do with the way our male ancestors
    went hunting all day tracking animals and sharpening
    their spears while waiting for something to fall in the
    trap etc, while the females did all the skinning, meat
    dividing, looking after the offspring and all the other
    tasks. (This is what I learned on discovery channel so it
    must be true!)

    Now when you look at your "elite" coder - which category
    of "thinking" do they fall into? They're the type that
    will sit around all day obsessing over some minor thing
    in their code and trying to find ways to improve it and
    make it more efficient.

    This is not to say women can't be elite coders. Its just
    that they would not tend to obsess as much on coding.

    In fact if you think about it a lot of men obsess about
    their Car, their PS2, their TV, sports etc and can spend
    hours on end on a hobby and forget everything else while
    they do it.

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003