WMI / NDIS / WINDOWS 2000 PRO SP4

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by mcode, Apr 1, 2005.

  1. mcode

    mcode Guest

    Hi

    I'm trying to get the received signal strength by using WMI APIs.

    But before all I have verified if the
    MSNdis_80211_ReceivedSignalStrength namespace is present on the Win
    2000 pro computer but I can't see it in the MSNdis namespace with the
    WBEMTEST tool.

    But I can see it in the MSNdis namespace of a Windows XP platform.

    I've searched if something should be installed and I found the
    following Microsoft's link :
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/ddk/default.mspx

    I wonder if I must install any DDK ??? *If yes* where can I get it
    without having to pay something (It seems to be said on the above link
    that we have to be MSDN subscribers to download the DDK for Windows
    Server 2003 OR Windows 2000 Pro, is that exact ??). *If not* how to
    add these WIFI-specific namespaces to WMI, and then be able to view
    them with WBEMTEST tool and then be able to read signal strength from
    C# ????

    THank you for any help

    mcode, Apr 1, 2005

  2. mcode