    application'. I am running Vista64 Ultimate. Any suggestions?
    No ideas in the WLM group and the same installer works on another 64-bit OS
    and on a 32-bit version of Windows Vista.

    John Barnes, Nov 25, 2008

  2. My guess would be you have a corrupted download. I just
    loaded it on my Vista x64 Enterprise without incident. I
    did tell it to run from the internet instead of downloading
    the install program to my computer.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 25, 2008

  3. Sounds like a corrupted download. If you're consistently getting a corrupted
    download, look at A-V or 3rd party Firewall applications as possible causes.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 25, 2008
  4. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    the same installer works on another 64-bit OS
    and on a 32-bit version of Windows Vista.

    I have downloaded twice, but since both install on other OS's, why would
    they be corrupted only when run on Vista64? I will try downloading from
    another system and computer and bring over to Vista64 and see what happens.
    Thanks.

    John Barnes, Nov 25, 2008
  5. John Barnes

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Nov 25, 2008
  6. something in the firewall on that system? Or, perhaps you have TCP Offload
    enabled on the NIC? (That would definitely have the potential to cause
    issues.)

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 25, 2008
  7. John Barnes

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, John.

    I just went for a few rides on that merry-go-round, too. :>( I was trying
    to reinstall WLM after uninstalling it on my pre-beta trial of Windows 7,
    the 64-bit version. It had been installed without a problem earlier, but
    was giving me that error message, plus sometimes simply saying there was a
    problem, which it didn't identify. I tried 3 different installers:
    WLinstaller.exe, WLinstaller64.exe and WLinstaller32.exe; none worked.

    What finally did work for me was WLsetup-web.exe, from here:
    http://liveside.net/main/archive/2008/09/16/windows-live-wave-3-betas-download-now.aspx

    This installs the Wave 3 beta version of WLM, which I see you used for your
    post. You might give it a try and report back, please.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    (Running Windows Live Mail 2008 0908 in Win7 x64 6801)

    R. C. White, Nov 26, 2008
  8. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks, Carlos. Downloaded and installed. No difference. That downloaded
    WLM (downloaded on 4 systems on 2 computers), none would give other than the
    above message on either Vista.

    John Barnes, Nov 26, 2008
  9. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks Charlie. Was downloaded on 4 systems and 2 computers without A-V
    active and no 3rd party firewalls. All other downloads work fine. Did
    install on another 64-bit os with no problems. Same download.

    John Barnes, Nov 26, 2008
  10. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks, R.C. Worked like a charm on my wife's Vista86 which gave the same
    message as my Vista64. Will try on that one later when I get back to it.
    Will let you know.

    John Barnes, Nov 26, 2008
  11. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Worked like a champ on Vista64 as well. Thanks.

    John Barnes, Nov 26, 2008
  12. John Barnes

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, John.

    You're welcome, and thanks for the feedback.

    RC

    R. C. White, Nov 26, 2008
  13. John Barnes

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Corsair.
    No. All I can say is the old faithful, "It worked for me." But perhaps
    someone else here will have some ideas.

    (And there's no need to email me a copy of your post here. Please use
    "Reply to Group", not "Reply to All", to keep the discussion here in the
    newsgroup and not in email.)

    RC

    R. C. White, Nov 28, 2008