WLAN problems PDA <-> Laptop

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by norbert.thek, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. norbert.thek

    norbert.thek Guest

    Hello,

    for an application I need a continous connection between an PDA and a
    laptop

    The PDA is a HP iPAQ hx2410 and the notebook a Dell Latitude d610
    (Centrino).
    There is no problem to establish an ad-hoc WLAN connection between this
    two (with WEP 64, security isn't the problem i think)

    The Problem is, that the PDA sometimes switch to other connections when
    there other WLAN nets around. If I there is only one, this is no
    problem..

    Meaning, the PDA (or the Notebook, I'm not sure which one makes the
    problem) loses the connection, searches for other "good" connections
    and after several seconds (up to 1 minute) it gets the first connection
    again.
    But till then I got timeout errors at the application and I have to
    reconnect.
    I dont have another connection profile on my PDA and on my Notebook,
    only one!

    Can somebody repoduce this problem? (I dont think I have the same
    problem with the Dell Axim v50)

    Does somebody have a solution for this problem (meaning prohibit
    Windows, searching for other networks?)

    Norbert

    norbert.thek, Feb 15, 2006

  2. norbert.thek

    Guest Guest

    hey, did you know you can set up that your laptop/pda only connect to certain
    SSID with the most top priority. so that means you will set up that only to
    connect to your SSID with the most priority ones even thought got others SSID
    around.

    Guest, Feb 17, 2006

  3. norbert.thek

    norbert.thek Guest

    can you tell me how to do this?

    I set the connection with the pda in the Preferred Networks section on
    the topmost position
    but it didn't helped
    I think you mean something different or am I mistaken?

    Norbert

    norbert.thek, Feb 21, 2006