    optics to refocus it, wouldn't that work much better than any software
    algorithm?

    , Jun 25, 2011

  2. Irwell Guest

    Take it with you to the optician when you go
    for an eye exam.

    Which is better, A or B?

    Irwell, Jun 25, 2011

  3. Nervous Nick Guest

    c) Not enough information

    Nervous Nick, Jun 25, 2011
  4. Ray Fischer Guest

    Heh? How does that work?
    A magic wand would work as well.

    Ray Fischer, Jun 25, 2011
  5. No; nobody has ever found a way to do that with optics,
    so that's not an option.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Jun 28, 2011
  6. Guest

    "Deconvolution" software can supposedly get out of focus
    images back to some degree.

    There's also the new "Lytro" camera where you can change the
    focus after the fact.

    What I'm talking about is the fact that if you take an out of
    focus pic, all the information is still there, isn't it?

    Shouldn't it be possible to look at an out of focus print
    through optics, and then adapt the optical arrangement such that the
    print comes into focus?

    What am I missing here?

    If I am missing something, I'm sure SavageDuck will know what
    it is... or perhaps Charles Hardwidge.

    , Jun 30, 2011
  7. tony cooper Guest

    It's like buying a dozen donuts, having one fall out on the way home,
    and then trying to find a sack that will replace missing donuts.

    tony cooper, Jun 30, 2011
  8. PeterN Guest

    If you take 1/11 of each of the remaining dreadnoughts and paste the
    parts with edible glue, you will have a dozen. However obviously,
    something will be lacking.

    PeterN, Jul 1, 2011
  9. Guest

    Nope, I'm happy with your answer. I *wish* you were wrong, but
    according to everything I've read you're right.

    , Jul 21, 2011